Research and Development
Clinical Research in Australia
In partnership with doctors in Australia we focus our skills and resources on getting life-changing medicines to patients as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible. We are currently conducting research to develop new medicines in the following disease areas:
The clinical research we conduct spans across all the phases that a new medicine has to go through before it can be made available. Review a representation of how this works in practice.
We also support academic investigators in their own research endeavours and collaborate and advocate with government to make sure that research policy helps bring further research into Australia.
Key links & contact details:
- Should you be interested to learn more about the studies AstraZeneca is currently conducting, please visit the AstraZeneca Clinical Trials website.
- To find out more about clinical trials in Australia, please visit the dedicated Australian Government website www.australianclinicaltrials.gov.au
- If you are interested in participating in a trial as a patient please contact us on our Medical Information Line on 1800 805 342.
- If you're interested in participating in a trial as an investigator please contact us via AustralianClinicalResearch@astrazeneca.com
- AstraZeneca also has a public website for Investigators. Select the 'Becoming an Investigator' section for related information including Good Clinical Practice training.
Externally Sponsored Research
Externally Sponsored Research (ESR) is a clinical or non-interventional study for which AstraZeneca provides support to an external investigator or institution that takes on the role of sponsor and controls the initiation, design and delivery of a study.
Active substance requests
AstraZeneca supports a programme of supplying marketed product or development compunds, in pure substance form, for pre-clinical research.
Each proposal is reviewed for scientific rationale. If the proposal is approved and a Material Transfer Agreement signed, the compound is supplied free of charge.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a compound phase III onwards, it can be submitted directly on ES2ROS. For any requests for compounds that are not Phase III and above please email your enquiry to ISS-Australia@astrazeneca.com and we will advise how to submit your request.